Automotive & Transportation
- Trucks, buses and coaches produce approximately 25% of CO2 emissions from road transport in the EU.
- Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV) represent 75% of the new today commercial vehicles registered in Europe.
- In 2016, 1.9 million vans were registered in the EU, an increase of 12% compared to the previous year.
- Although chassis weights increase (comfort in cabins, addblue tanks, batteries in electric vehicles, etc) payload needs to be maintained or increased.
UDMAX™ tape advantage in COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
- Increased payload
- Optimization of fuel usage
- Lower CO2 footprint
- High impact strength and stiffness
- Corrosion resistance
- Quick and easy to repair
- Excellent toughness and fatigue resistance
The UDMAX™ tape advantage in COMMERCIAL VEHICLES
- Very low moisture absorption
- High impact resistance
- No corrosion
- Quick and easy to repair with no harmful chemicals
- Easy to clean
- Environmentally safe; containing no styrenes or VOC’s
- Ideal cost/performance balance
We’ll help you with a comparative analysis of how our materials can improve performance, last longer, reduce weight and save you money.
FRT Tapes for BULKHEAD
APPLICATION: BULKHEAD PANEL LCV and MCV
Metal and other traditional materials
Made with a core UDMAX™ GPP 45-70 fabric with additional skins
- Reduce weight up to 30%
- Reduce CO2 level
- Increased payload
- Good impact behaviour
Oil & Gas
Metal on-shore and off shore pipe, to transport oils and gases are expensive to install and expensive to maintain. The maximum length is defined by the the truck transporting the pipe, creating a labor intensive installation and the need for for many connectors, with the corresponding increased risk of leaks. Composite pipe, produced by winding UDMAXTM tape around a thermoplastic liner, offers an easy to install and low maintenance alternative. In addition, composite pipes based on UDMAXTM Tape are often spoolable, allowing long lengths to be installed with a minimum number of connectors. In addition to the installation advantages, corrosion restance is another big advantage of composite pipe solutions over metal. Over a 10y service, UDMAXTM Tape based composite pipe systems offer a 33% cost saving over traditonal steel.
Storing liquids and gases under pressure, traditionally happens in metal tanks. Converting to wound composite tanks, not only has weight advantages or corrosion benefits, it is also the safer solution. Failure of composite pressurized tanks is far less catastrophic as the metal solution, reducing the risk of explosions as well as injury due shrapnel, to a minimum.
Challenges in construction
- In Europe, buildings account for 40% of Energy consumption and 36% CO2 emissions
- Renovation is key to address energy efficiency
- Insulation, energy usage, storage and distribution are priority areas in EU’s renovation project
- Faster building time and worker’s safety are key requirements
UDMAX™ Tape ADVANTAGE in CONSTRUCTION
- Up to 50% lighter than traditional materials
- Chemically resistant
- Favorable weight-to-performance ratio
- Absorbs at least twice more energy than plywood
- Abrasion resistant
Please ‘contact us’ for more information.